Monday, January 9, 2017

Defeater or Defeated


Yes. That is a poo emoji. On my pretty blog. That's where we are today.
Today, well let's be real, this whole weekend has been poo. Legitimate poo.
My kids were nuts all weekend, choosing obedience very few times and ornery, rule bending most of the time. I yelled...a lot. I got made at my husband for stupid stuff. Projects I tried to work on weren't going like they needed too and I felt icky to top it all off.
Last night in bed before we fell asleep, I told my husband that I often feel like the world is either against me or wants something from me. Either way, I feel defeated... a lot.

After some praying, I woke up today with a refreshed spirit (or so I thought). I was in a good mood, was feeling some better, had my coffee and was ready to knock off some things sitting on my to do list with a song of praise in my heart.
Then, it started happening... again.
Nothing was working.
Reports I needed weren't pulling up, some recognition gifts I was working on were being toal booger faces and my attitude was getting worse and worse.
I don't want to do this again. The weekend was enough. I don't want to start another day like this. It was then I decided I would try and listen to some praise and worship to relieve my heart of the frustration it felt. Wanna know what happened? Pandora wouldn't work. Fine, find Pandora. Don't work. I'll use Youtube instead. Guess what? Yep. Nada. Wasn't working either.
So I got mad.
Super mad.
But not at the stuff I was working on or the technology that hated me, but at the Enemy. The Devil. Lucifer himself.



You see, as Christians, sometimes we forget or even dismiss where our trouble stems from.
We blame other things when the root of the chaos comes from Hell itself.
Does the enemy want me to seize my day? No.
Does he want me to be in a good mood? No.
Does he want me to be a frustrated, broken, yelling, defeated woman? YES!

So I got mad and I told him about it. I reminded him Who's I was. I reminded him that he has not hold on me and that he had not control over my business, my family, my mind or my heart. That my children are God's, that my marriage is God's and that I am God's.
I became indignant. No more.

My friends, we are not defeated. Yes, stuff is straight up crummy some times...a lot of times. Things don't go our way, relationships are hurting, we are hurting, our kids are exhausting, but we are not defeated.

Instead, we MUST decide to take our place as Defeaters. We hold the power you see. We are the victors here as long as we take that authority and stand strong with it. Will that make all the hard stuff disappear? Not at all, but what it will do is make us stronger through it. Able to walk tall, indignant and with a force no enemy can stand against.
No matter what promises you're standing on, you have all authority to take any hold Satan might have on them away.
You just simply have to tell him. In Jesus' name.


Back to this morning, I got mad and then I prayed. Within minutes of praying, music started working, my silly vinyl letter E that went mysteriously missing for my project was found stuck to the back of my finger and my reports started behaving. Funny, right?

My dear friends, I am not defeated. You are not defeated. We ARE defeaters through Christ.
Recognize who's fighting against you today. Tell him he has to flee and then find your rest, your peace, your victory knowing that YOU are a child of the King.
Defeater.
NOT Defeated.







No comments:

Post a Comment