Sunday, January 1, 2017

Proverbs 31:25

Resolution. Blech. Even the word makes me want to break it.
Hi there! My name is Amanda. Sworn resolution non-maker (is that even a thing?) 
 I mean, I get it. I get the desire to start things when a new year begins.
It's freshness, purity, a blank canvas waiting for us to make our mark.  The idea that we have a brand new set of 365 days waiting for us to own them, but what is it about "making a resolution" that immediately makes our guts want to turn into rebellious little children being asked to clean up our rooms. "NO!" "NEVER!" (said in a gravely pirate voice waving my sword high into the sky in revolt).
So resolutions aren't my thing. 
Last year, I tried the trend of choosing a focus word. Can I tell you a secret? Come close.....I don't even remember what it was. #focuswordfail
Listen, life happens. Words come into my head and then other words fall out. It's how my brain works. 
This year, I have big goals though and for big goals to be reached, there has to be a plan of action, right? Now, I could make a resolution to achieve these things, but let's go back to paragraph 1 of this post...ain't happening. 
Focus word? Nope. We've also discovered that won't work. 
So what do I need to do to be able to walk boldly into 2017 with my head high, shoulders back and a list of things on my "Let's Rock This Year" to-do list?
I look to the Word.
This year, I chose to find a scripture that best not only spoke to my heart, but also desires I have for this year. Some of those desires will be simple. Easy to grab a hold of and own. Some, eh, not so much, but how important it is to have a little of both.
Today, in my first official blog post, I want to share it with you. Whomever it is that decided to click and read this while taking a bathroom break. (I won't tell anyone)
See, this blog, in itself, is part of one of those goals. To write again. To share my heart in a way that isn't translated as well on social media. To encourage, to bring laughter, to bring joy and to let you know, on the days where you feel like you've gone absolutely bonkers, that there is that blogger gal who's crazier than you. In that, I hope you find comfort. 
With that being said, I give you now, my life verse for 2017. 
May we take this walk together with strength, dignity and laughter...    


Do you have a resolution, focus word or life verse for this new year? Share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment